Python Data Scientist (Leader)
|Branch||Region||City||Agreement type||Publish date|
|Doradztwo / Konsulting IT||Małopolskie||Kraków||Kontrakt B2B||2021-07-22|
About the employer
ITFS is a consulting company from the Tri-City area, with a branch in Warsaw. We are primarily engaged in recruiting IT specialists and creating project-based Software houses for our Clients from Poland and Western Europe.
Start: ASAP (we also accept 3 months notice period)
Type of contract: B2B (via ITFS), full-time, long-term cooperation
Rate: 200 - 250PLN net / hour (to be determined)
Project: This project is for a US company that provides solutions for the travel and transportation industry. You will be a part of a 10-12 people team.
- We’re looking for multi-talented, Senior Data Scientist (who loves traveling), demonstrates leadership in deploying
products from start to end, and is eager to be a key contributor at an accelerating startup in Cracow Poland.
- You will act as a senior member of Company’s data science organization, providing technical guidance and advice to other team members, and fostering a collaborative culture;
- You will work closely with Company leadership to understand and influence strategic product directions by proposing proven and tested solutions;
- You will own mission-critical projects to launch new models and capabilities that have an instant meaningful impact for core product, into production for reputable airline brands;
- You will collaborate in a fast-paced environment with other talented data scientists and engineers to solve ambitious and complex optimization problems in the travel industry;
- You will define and contribute to research in travel economics and optimization, and lead efforts to productize research activities;
- You will define and structure research, exploration, and prototyping projects to inform product capability and feature viability questions;
- You will use product and domain knowledge to translate business objectives and requirements into functioning code related to data transform and model training/inference;
- You will deliver insight from analysis that provide quantitative support to product feature decision making.
- Advanced domain expertise and successful industry experience in Computer Science, Math, Economics, or Operation Research;
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist building models with direct commercial applicability;
- Expert Python skills and TensorFlow fluency;
- Knowledge of SQL and confident in wrangling all types of data in SQL;
- Demonstrable track record of technical leadership;
- Strong mastery of statistics and ML algorithms and identifying where they are appropriate;
- Strong communication skills, sense of ownership and drive;
- Independence, pragmatic approach, and attention to detail;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English (B2+ is a must).
- Demonstrated experience delivering innovative data science work into commercial product offerings;
- Foundational understanding of statistical and algorithmic principles relevant to revenue management and network optimization;
- You are interested in hands-on projects for overhauling the airline and dynamic pricing industry;
- You show a real passion for personal growth and fostering a positive organizational culture by mentoring teammates.
- Long-term employment and stable working conditions;
- Opportunity for further professional development and expansion of knowledge in a close-knit, experienced team of specialists constantly expanding their knowledge and competencies;
- Optional benefits package: private medical care and Multisport.